Wednesday, February 2, 2011

OK, so they were right

For once, the meteorologists were correct.  We got about 2 ft of snow last night which closed every single school in the County, plus the County building itself.  I only remember that happening one other time in my life so it must have been bad.  But God love those snow plow drivers... they had the main roads plowed by the time I had to go to work so I had no trouble at all.  The biggest problem was my own road. 

I got out of work early, because many of the patients that were scheduled for procedures today cancelled due to the weather.  So I came home and got out my knitting.  Remember that red mitten I was going to finish?  Well I ripped it all out and started a vest.  I have craft ADD.  Even as I'm knitting it, I'm not thrilled with how it looks so it'll probably be ripped out before too long too. 

Happy
The groundhog did NOT see his shadow so that means we will have an early Spring.  And to quote one of my favorite movies:

 "This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

Happy Rest Of the Winter to you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad for the early spring, hopefully the weather will be nicer when I have the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you'll need those turn lanes!

    ReplyDelete