Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Menus



My friend over at An Oregon Cottage lists her menu every week, like hundreds of other bloggers do on Menu Plan Monday.  So I'm giving it a shot too.  This was one of those weeks where I forced myself to go through the many recipes I've been saving to try them out and either save them or get rid of them.  In addition, I used my mom's cookbook to fill out the rest of the week.  (actually, I work 2 weeks at a time so it fills out the rest of the 14 days. ) So there's a lot of familiar comfort food. 

Monday - Vegetable Beef Barley Soup

Tuesday - Rice & Hamburger Casserole (this was my very favorite food growing up.  I think it has something to do with the potato chip topping. )

Wednesday - Creamed Chicken & Gnocchi, and Caramel apple salad

Thursday - Shepherd's Pie & Strawberry Angel Food Jello

Friday - BBQ Chicken and baked potatoes

Saturday - Beer cheese soup

Sunday - My sister's famous  Chicken & Rice, and green bean casserole

We'll see how close I come to actually following this plan.  I already know that Friday or Saturday's meal will be different because as she was leaving to go back to college, my daughter requested Steak sometime this weekend when she comes home again. Its funny what your kids request when they haven't been home in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment