Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sigh

Well, I start out with the best of intentions.  I really do.  This whole eat from the pantry challenge sounded good in theory, and its something I could do if it were just me in this house, but my kids are demanding that there be something to eat when they look in the fridge.  Can you believe it?  My son has a hollow leg these days and is eating everything in sight.  DD#1 has started college again and is bringing her lunch in an effort to save money. (Yay!) And you can't make something outta nothing so ultimately, what I'm trying to say is...I went grocery shopping.  Not only did I go shopping, but I overspent on my budget by about $50.  Maybe that category needs to be looked at again. Anyway, sometimes I think that by setting goals, you're just setting yourself up for failure which leads to guilt.  I don't need any more guilt in my life, thank you very much. 

On another note, I have the Quicken up and running.  That program is very cool!  Its also very enlightening and also guilt producing.  But its helping me see where the bulk of my money is going. It will even pay bills for you if you want it to.  I'm letting it pay my electric bill as a test to see how it runs. That's one of the few I haven't automated so we'll see how it goes. 

Today I'll be hanging out with 25 or so 2nd graders as a guest teacher, (which is just a fancy term for substitute teacher).  What I'm bummed about though is that I could've worked at the hospital today for 5 times what I'll make as a guest teacher today.  Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment