Friday, January 8, 2010

Live and Learn

So much for the pantry challenge.  Yesterday, after posting my lofty goals for using up my pantry stash, I ran to Sam's club for some yeast. Apparently, Sam's is the only place that carries a certain type of yeast.  And since I'm obsessed with  enjoying making bread these days, it was a very important purchase.  After all, if you're going to take the time to make bread by hand, you really should make sure its going to turn out.  So after walking into Sam's, not having had lunch, you can guess what happened. ( Yes, my mom always taught me "never shop on an empty stomach".  But I did it anyway.) So I wandered over to the frozen food aisle where they usually have demonstrations and samples to taste.  Nothing.  I did stumble upon a ham sample, and a smidgen small cup of soup to taste, but nothing to really satisfy my hunger. Anyway, I walked out of there $97 lighter.  Hey, I didn't spend $100, which is always the joke.  I always say the same thing to the cashier, much to my children's dismay.  "I came in for one thing and I ended up spending $100."  Well.  Anyway, I have a 25 lb bag of flour so I'm good for a few hundred loaves.  That should last me a few days at the rate I'm going...

Happy
I cleaned out my beloved pantry closet today.  That closet is the reason I bought my house.  I discovered that I have more spices than the grocery store and I don't even know what the heck to do with all of them!  But it makes me happy to have a clean closet.  Some days, you have to look really hard to find something to make you happy but there is always something.  My goodness, I sound like Pollyanna don't I?  And I just dated myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment