Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Art


My daughter Bethany has been taking pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures.  Somehow, she developed this knack for setting up a photo so that it looks really cool.  She can look at something and see beauty where I just don't.  For Christmas, she got a really nice camera and it has really enhanced those skills she already had. 
She's taken a few senior pictures for friends, which made me a little nervous because that's a pretty big responsibility.  They turned out really nice though, and she was quite thrilled to see the finished product being handed out at school.  Last weekend, she took engagement pictures of her sister Molly, and Molly's fiancee Nate.  It was 2 degrees out with blizzard conditions but they took them anyway.  If I can find them, I'll post them here so you can see. 

She's considered studying photography in college, but she's unsure if that's something that you can be employed doing.  I know a lot of people these days have really nice cameras and aren't using professional photographers as much as they used to.  However, I think she could have a side business that would keep her pretty busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment