- I'm setting a weekly weight loss goal because some weeks will be more stressful than others, and frankly, there's no point in trying to lose weight the week of Thanksgiving, say. So in my head (you didn't think I'd put them down for all the world to see did you???) I'll come up with a number for that week. Believe me, you'll know if I've met them or not.
- Try and develop some semblance of organization in my household.
- Exercise on a routine basis. I'm still undecided as to whether I should get up at 4:30 and get it over with, because typically if left until the end of the day, I'm just too tired or lazy to do it then. But I know me, and I don't get up that easily. I'm a hit- the- snooze -button- 4- times kind of girl.
- I am very fortunate that I have a job and that my physical needs are met. I'd like to make more of an effort to help those less fortunate than me. I'm not quite sure yet how that will happen, but at the very least, I will be donating to the local Rescue Mission as they are always in need of groceries for needy families. Our church also has a pantry that is stocked for families in need so I can donate stuff to that as well. I'm sure if I look hard enough, I'll find many people that can use some help.
- I really enjoy making cards and I have an extensive supply of stuff that I can use to do this. I just don't take the time. So I'm going to make more of an effort to get downstairs into my scrapbooking area to make more cards.
- I'd also like to do more knitting. We just donated a trash bag full of yarn to one of the local nursing homes for their residents to use, so now I can restock with better yarn. I've made tons of stuff in the past and was on a felted purse kick for a while (made about 5 of them and never used one) but now I'm thinking scarves and mittens. If I'm successful with this one, I'll post pictures.
- I get so caught up in my own little world that I tend to neglect tried and true friends. Really, friends and family are the most valuable resources any of us have, and I'm going to take more time appreciating them. I know! I'll send them homemade cards and knit them a scarf!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
A little late to the party here, but I've got some goals. Like my niece Nancy, I'm not going to call them resolutions because those never last.