Friday, October 22, 2010

What're you looking at?

I feel like a lost soul or something.  Like I've lost focus and can't get it back.   I mean really, why are you here?  This whole blog bidness started out as a way to keep myself accountable to my New Year's resolutions and I've been partially successful, but not because of this blog.  I had 2 goals, as you may recall, and I did finally meet one of those goals.  Ho hum.  I feel like I need to have a specific theme here or something...something to keep people coming back.  I'm sure no one wants to read about the mundane things going on in my life, right?  Don't answer that...  You have your own mundane things going on in your life, I'm sure.

Did you ever see that movie about Julia Child?  Julie and Julia, I think it was called.  The one where Julie decides to try a new Julia Child recipe every day and blogs about it and soon she's an internet sensation.  Not that I want to be an internet sensation or anything, but I feel like I have to have a challenge like that.  Except I can't come up with anything. 

There is a blog out there by a woman who decided that she would follow the advice and suggestions Oprah gave on her show.  She decided that since Oprah's mantra was "Live your Best Life", that she would see if following that advice did indeed result in a better life.  She did this experiment for one year and I found her blog about a month before the year was over.  It was fairly interesting and entertaining, especially since Oprah gives a lot of conflicting advice.  I don't have anything that interesting going for me.  And now that I'm working twice as much as I was when I started this thing, I really have nothing interesting to talk about.  I spend most of my week at work.  Pretty boring. 

As is true of most people, I've got stuff going on in my life I don't feel comfortable putting here for the world to read.  Really don't want my dirty laundry hanging out right there in the front yard so to speak.  Maybe someday I'll feel some level of comfort enough to share some of that stuff, but not right now.  Life is really hard and sometimes not very enjoyable.  I think I'm in that spot right now.  Still trying to find my groove.  (Not to be confused with my groove thing, which I found back in the late 70's).  So if you're not put off by my loss of focus here (and elsewhere, really) hang around and see what happens.  Maybe  I'll find something interesting to blog about.  And if you really do just like reading about the stupid stuff I put on here, let me know.  I can do that easily enough. 

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog. You don't have to be a famous blogger for me to love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, I don't want to be famous, just interesting. : )

    ReplyDelete