Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween

Fall is my favorite season and Halloween is my favorite holiday, mainly because I like the decorations.  It might have something to do with my fascination with horror movies back when I was in middle school.  Not sure.  At any rate, I do like Halloween and all that goes along with it - except maybe the 3000 trick-or-treaters we get in my neighborhood every year.  I especially like when Halloween movies start playing on the Disney channel. 

My decorating skill is just one notch above a kindergartener and usually involves just placing figurines in random places on a shelf.  My sister Kathy got all of the decorating skill in my family and can throw together a beautiful little display of gourds, branches and weeds and it looks better than what Martha Stewart can do.  Sadly, my displays just look like someone forgot to put the groceries away.  That said, I thought I'd show you a picture of my wreath, which I'm pretty proud of, by the way.  I collect antique Halloween postcards and really have no idea how to display them so this is what I did with a few of them.

Now that I"m looking at it, it's not all that wonderful.  Oh well.  It'll do.  Those little orange rectangular things are antique noise makers.  They click when you squeeze them.  Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment