Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Warning

If you have no desire to hear me whine and complain, then back away slowly right now.  And if you keep reading, don't say I didn't warn you.

Today is one of those days that I'd just like to run away from home.  At one point this morning, I was very close to doing just that, except I can't run away from home.  Part of this started last evening, and most of it started long before then. It involves a broken lawn mower, a rake, and no help.  Throw in some frustration at trying to start the neighbor's mower, a downpour, a corrupt ipod, and a dog that thinks she no longer needs to go outside and you have an inkling of the problem.

Believe me, I know that I don't have it that bad.  You can take me to task for complaining and don't think I haven't taken myself to task either.  I'm just fed up with life at the moment.  I'm questioning why, if God knows the desires of our heart, and wants us to be happy, he's chosen not to hear me.  Is this payback for something?  Here again, you can berate me and remind me that God has his own timing, and has a plan for our lives.  I know these things.  One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future."  But this knowledge isn't making me feel any better. 

There...I've vented.  If you're still reading, sorry about that.  I'll try to clean up my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment