Monday, November 15, 2010

On a Lighter Note

I've become fairly obsessed with The Next Iron Chef on the Food Network recently.  I have never been one to watch cooking shows as I'd rather do than watch, but I happened to be tuned in when the first show of this season aired.  Its kind of late in the game to be talking about this because next week is the final show, but next season, if you like cooking shows, you should definitely watch. 

They started out with oh, I don't know, maybe 10 chefs and each week they eliminated one of them based on cooking challenges.  They'll give these people a challenge, say, updated carnival food and then give them 30 minutes to come up with something.  And what they come up with is amazing.  I can't even come up with a dinner idea in a house full of food, but these chefs are so creative that they can make anything. One week one of them made corn snow-cones. Aside from that concoction, everything else looks really, really tasty. 

And then there's the inevitable personality clashes and irritating habits of chefs that just make it all the more fun to watch.  One week, when given a challenge to come up with something that utilized the concept of respect using potatoes (I don't know who comes up with these ideas, and they are a bit out there, but...) one pompous chef kept critizing others for not "respecting the potato".   That made me smile several times during the week. 

So if you're looking for something to watch and you're tired of the same old reality shows and you've seen every episode of CSI, try something on The Food Network.  And then after you've watched and learned, invite me over to your house to eat.  : )


Here's the guy I want to win.  Chef Forgione.  Cutie.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment