Friday, March 26, 2010

More Favorite Stuff

I have some favorite movies that I watch repeatedly.  And some I've only seen once, but would recommend to anyone - so here goes the list:

The Wedding Singer  - Love, love, love this one.  Maybe its because I vividly remember the '80's, and the music from that decade.  I especially love where he's singing at a wedding after having been dumped at the altar.  This is a movie I pop in anytime I'm feeling sick or sad. 

Lars and the Real Girl - I've only seen this movie once, but I really liked it.  Its about a guy who can't bring himself to date a real girl so he gets a mail-order blow-up doll and treats her as if she is real.  Yeah, he's crazy, but the people in his community treat "her" so well, its really quite sweet.  Really.  See it if you are at the movie store and can't find anything that screams "rent me!" And Ryan Gosling is a cutie pie.

Serendipity - My very favorite movie, and coincidentally, the name of my blog.  (OK, not so coincidentally.)  Yes, its a chick flick, but its a really good one.  And John Cusack is a cutie pie. 

The Shawshank Redemption - Another favorite.  I remember the first time I saw it and was astounded at the way it turned out.  I won't give anything away in case you haven't seen it.  (But really, why haven't you seen it?  Do you have something against prison movies?  Do you not like Morgan Freeman?  How could you not like Morgan Freeman?)  And Tim Robbins is a cutie pie. 

While You Were Sleeping - I've always liked Sandra Bullock, but maybe even more so in light of the recent news about her husband.  Jerk.  What is wrong with him anyway?  I like this movie for many reasons, one of which is that it was filmed in Chicago.  Or parts of it anyway.  And Bill Pullman is... well... you know.

Music

Aint Nobody - Chaka Khan - A very old song, but one of my favorites.  Minimize and listen.   

Thinking Over - Dana Glover - this was in a Kate Hudson movie.  I think it was Raising Helen.  Anyway, Dana has a beautiful voice.

Wonderful - Gary Go.  I have nothing to say about this, I just like it.

Wonderful World - James Morrison - poor guy.  How many times do you think he's been asked about his name?  Its a good heartbreak song. 

And speaking of heartbreak songs, this is just about the saddest song I've ever heard.  But Keith Urban is a cutie pie so...
Tonight I Wanna Cry

And a happy Keith Urban song:
Somebody Like You 

Stuff
If they're only serving one beverage in heaven, its coffee with this creamer. 



And just to be clear, it IS the Peppermint Mocha flavored creamer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment