Wednesday, February 24, 2010

aaaaaand.... back to reality

We woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow this morning!  Do I seem excited about it?  I'm not really.  I'm tired of the snow, but it sure makes everything look pretty and clean.  I don't know if my snowblower works but I do have a shovel so I'll be out soon trying to clear my drive way.  Or maybe I'll just drive over it repeatedly to pack the snow down and call it good.  That works too. 

One of my favorite things in life is to be inside with a cup of hot coffee while the world outside is covered in snow.  Living along the shore of Lake Michigan, lake effect snow affords me many of these days.  Just another reason I love where I live.   

Time to address the goals:
Goal #1:  I've been on the treadmill twice this week so far, doing mostly walking, but throwing in a burst of running every now and then.  My sister is doing a little running too so at least I'm in line with her.  We may not finish with lightning speed, but at least we'll finish together. 

Goal #2: I've paid 75% of the original balance of the first bill I'm concentrating on and should be able to pay that off in 2 weeks.  Yay!  Progress!  This of course, all depends on what my tax guy says today.  Last year we paid a lot, which I wasn't prepared for, so this year I'm at least mentally preparing for that.  I've been keeping money untouched in a couple of accounts so that I can pay my taxes and hopefully still pay that 1st bill off. 
Darn you Uncle Sam!!! I want to keep my money!

Happy
I've always enjoyed watching figure skating and remember many Saturday afternoons as a young kid spent watching it on TV.  For a hot second, I even planned on figure skating in the Olympics! (Didn't we all plan on doing something in the Olympics?)  Last night I stayed up late to watch the women's figure skating and was so impressed with Joannie Rochette. Her mom passed away just a few days ago and she was still able to skate with such grace and poise.  Obviously I wasn't in the audience, but it seemed that when she skated, the entire audience was pulling for her, and it wasn't about a competition between countries, but a collective show of support for this girl.  And that made me happy.  If you are lucky enough to still have your mom living, call her.  She'll love it.  And tell her you love her.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment