Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Confessional

I'm about to admit something that may get me excommunicated from the United States:  I really dislike the movie The Wizard of Oz.  My sister loves the movie and I've tried to like it, really I have.  But those flying monkeys creep me out.  And the whole thing with Dorothy being away from home just makes me really uncomfortable.  There.  I said it.  I'll move on now. 


Happy
I'm really proud of all 3 of my children, but today, I'm especially proud of the two oldest.  DD#1 flew on a plane all alone yesterday to see her best friend  and ride home with her from Disney World.  The friend has been working there for the past 6 months as an intern for college credit and she's done now.  She didn't want to drive to Michigan alone so my daughter flew down in order to ride home with her.  I'm impressed that she didn't get lost in the airport, and that she survived without her Mom.  Sniff.  I guess she doesn't need me anymore.  Sniff. 

DD#2 is going on a mission trip with our church this summer to Kijabe, Kenya to work in an orphanage.  The group of about 10 high school/college students will be building something there, and will be working with orphans.  (I missed out on most of the meeting this morning because one of the students decided to faint so my nursing skills were put to use. I really don't know what they're building...)  I'm excited for this group of very diverse students and for what they're going to experience.  We have to go tomorrow to get her a passport. (And those dreaded shots!)

I can also say I'm proud of my son too.  He snowboarded for 7 hours yesterday and is still in one piece.  That's saying something!

Progess:
Goal #1:  I've done nothing as far as working out is concerned but its scheduled for tomorrow evening.  I've been dealing with kidney stones this weekend so I'm hoping I'll still be able to run.  Heck, maybe it'll speed up the progress of those little devils.  

Goal #2:  I've installed the Quicken program and will begin to use it tomorrow.  Why not today?  Because.  That's why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment